Salary: £9.00 /hour
WCN Care is looking for a maintenance person for its 2 homes, St Anne’s Nursing Home and Stour Road Care Home in Southbourne and Christchurch respectively. This is a permanent role to become part of a small and dedicated team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the home to a good standard;
- Keeping records, inspections and audits up to date and maintaining a schedule or maintenance; and
- Coordinating external contractors as part of this maintenance schedule.
The main tasks of the job are:
- Undertake any DIY and maintenance jobs within all WCN Care homes and the grounds including odd jobs and maintenance duties e.g. gardening, mowing lawns, maintaining fences etc;
- Painting and maintaining the homes (interior and exterior);
- Ensure that all tools, materials and gardening equipment are stored safely where residents cannot access them;
- Inform managers if there is a delay in meeting any deadline or mending something that may cause a hazard, so the appropriate measures can be taken to protect the residents and staff;
- Ensure that all work being undertaken is done causing as little disruption as possible to staff and residents;
- Liaise with the manager to ensure that all premises and any equipment is maintained appropriately to the needs of the residents and regulatory bodies;
- Liaise with the manager in order to appropriately prioritise work that is most urgent and act accordingly and engage with systems in place to do this;
- Check both Homes repairs lists on a regular basis to ensure that any urgent jobs are completed at the nearest time;
- Complete maintenance audits for both Homes, ensuring they are safe and any issues raised are action planned and discussed with the Home Manager;
- Maintaining maintenance records and contracts, including those by external contractors for the health and safety of the home to meet regulatory standards;
- Carrying out Health & Safety checks; and
- Maintain the companies own high standards alongside abiding by an infection control and personal PPE requirements.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Gardening and maintenance experience;
- Ideally previous Care Home experience is desirable;
- A clear criminal record check;
- Be reliable and have good time keeping;
- Own their own tools (although there is a budget for initial outlay and specialist equipment may be provided if required);
- Must own a vehicle and licence to collect supplies for maintenance of the homes.
Part-time hours: 20 – 30 per week
Expected start date: 25/10/2020