Stour Road Staff Page
Please scroll down for links to the staff handbook, training, using our payroll software and more….
- To provide excellent care at a fair cost.
- To provide a safe, warm, happy environment that is homely in scale.
- To continue building a cohesive and skilled team dedicated to the quality of life of our residents.
- To achieve Good or better in our upcoming CQC inspection.
- To maintain 90% bed occupancy.
We will measure these either through our outputs (ie by looking at beds filled etc) or through feedback (ie inspection reports from the CQC or feedback from staff, residents and their relatives).
Payslips and Leave Requests
- You will be emailed your payslips monthly.
- You can find information on how to request leave on Findmyshift via their help pages by clicking here
- More information on how to use Findmyshift is available here
If you are still having issues then in the first instance please ask your manager or local champion.
Train the Trainer training
Movining and Handling – 29th April 2019 (all day)
Infection Control – 30th April 2019 (all day)
Dementia – 1st May 2019 (all day)
MCA & DOLs – 2nd May 2019 (all day)
If you are interested in becoming a trainer, please speak to Terri Smithers
To Be UPDATED
eLEarning for Health is a huge resource that is free to access for care home professionals. It has a number of units including safegaurding and DOL’s training which will be invaluble to you as a carer.
- Please click here to register.
- Use your own email and search for the postcode BH23 1PS which will bring up 2 versions for Stour Road.
- Please select the last one that has the code ACAN in it.
- The registration code is ND-ACAN
- During the registration process please select all for Continuing Healthcare. www.e-lfh.org.uk
OpenAthens (for BNF and journals etc)
Please sign up at https://openathens.nice.org.uk/ and under select your organisation type in “Non-NHS healthcare provider organisations in Dorset”
Once registered an activation code will be sent to the email address you registered with. When you receive the email and click on this code they will be asked to set their own password and their account will be activated.
To help you prepare for your annual appraisal, find a link to our Appraisal Guide here.
Staff Facebook Page
To enable the staff team to share best practice and any ideas they would like to encorprate in the home, we have created a Stour Road staff Facebook page. Staff meeting and training dates will also be added to this page. If you would like to join the page, please speak to Terri Smithers, Deputy Manager.
Benefit and Perks
Healthcare discounts is free to register with as a care worker and has a number of benefits to save you money. Please go to https://healthservicediscounts.com/ to register and start saving!
If you have been asked to get a DBS check then you can do this through http://www.carecheck.co.uk Please remember to get an Enhanced Check
These will be available in printed form in the office or the medication room. Our current policy update working plan is to have all policies updated in the near future and then to have a bound copy in the medication room, that can be updated annually.
Staff Meeting Dates 2019
Wednesday 10th April, 2pm
Monday 14th May, 2pm
Tuesday 11th June, 2pm
Wednesday 17th July, 2pm
Friday 16th August, 2pm
Thursday 12th September, 2pm
Monday 14th October, 2pm
Wednesday 13th November, 2pm
Tuesday 10th December, 2pm